Baked by Melissa has an exciting opening for a motivated and charismatic individual to join our Public Relations team as Communications Manager! This position is a great opportunity for a candidate with PR experience to work directly with our President of Public Relations, playing an active role in the growth of the Baked by Melissa brand.
The ideal candidate for this position is a strong communicator with a passion for PR and brand management. We're looking for someone who works well independently, tackles challenges with creativity and panache, and was into that band before they were cool.
This is a full time position, based out of our corporate office in Union Square.
• Develops and executes communication and public relations initiatives
• Proactively identifies opportunities and takes action to increase the visibility and public profile of the Baked by Melissa brand
• Maintains active relationships with entertainment and media contacts, and cultivates smart partnerships that will help grow each product and the overall brand
• Proactively engages with media contacts and Baked by Melissa influencers to secure publicity for Baked by Melissa events, partnerships, products and services
• Directs the production of publicity materials, including press releases, presentations, and promotional collateral; creates engaging and innovative content, writes copy, and oversees the design of all publicity materials
• Manages social media initiatives and maintains an active an engaging brand presence; posts multimedia content, and facilitates dialogue across multiple social media platforms
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of current trends, celebrity, entertainment, and fashion news, high-profile media events, social media applications and platforms, etc.; recommends strategic focus to President of PR
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Strong knowledge of communication strategies and techniques; experience writing copy for publicity materials and/or creating content for social media platforms
• Ability to manage multiple projects, accomplish goals, and meet deadlines in a timely and cost effective manner
• Ability to use good judgement and make sound decisions in fast-paced, high-stress situations
• Established relationships with entertainment and media contacts
• Love of bite-size cupcakes a plus!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• 3+ years professional experience in public relations required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communications preferred
BENEFITS & PERKS
• Life, health, dental, and vision insurance
• Commuter benefits
• Flexible paid time off policy
• And of course, a discount on our bite-size cupcakes!