We're searching for a top-notch Production Manager to join our Production team! As Production Manager, you'll oversee the production of all Baked by Melissa product lines, championing productivity, consistency, and high product quality.
The ideal candidate for this position is a performance-driven team player, who leads by example and isn't afraid to get their hands dirty. We're looking for someone with a solid combination of manufacturing experience and great interpersonal skills - the Production Manager will be on the production floor every day, and should be comfortable jumping in to help when needed.
This is a full-time position, based at our production facility in North Bergen, NJ.
• Completes short-term production planning; utilizes daily and weekly projections and item usage rates to determine desired daily output and create production schedule
• Assigns jobs and directs the daily workload of all production lines; ensures production quotas are met; maintains accurate, real-time record of product movement and production output
• Conducts routine product inspection and testing to ensure product adheres to established quality standards, at all stages of production
• Promotes a positive, team-driven, and highly ethical work environment; proactively identifies opportunities to improve efficiency, consistency, workflow, and overall performance of all production lines
• Manages Production Assistant and production line teams; trains employees in work station tasks and proper use of production equipment; manages employee scheduling, and ensures staffing level facilitates maximum productivity with minimal excess labor cost
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is a huge plus!
• Self-motivated and goal-oriented; able to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced production environment, with a high-energy, proactive style; brings well developed sense of urgency to all work
• Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain effective work relationships
• Sound judgment and decision-making ability; highly proficient in organization and planning
• Flexibility to work days, weekends, and some evenings, when required by production demand
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• 4+ years direct manufacturing experience
• 2+ years experience managing multiple production lines or teams
• Bachelor's Degree is preferred
BENEFITS & PERKS
• Life, health, dental, and vision insurance
• Commuter benefits
• Flexible paid time off policy
• And of course, a discount on our bite-size cupcakes!