Baked by Melissa is seeking a performance-driven and detail-oriented Purchasing Manager to join our Inventory team. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for all inbound operations, including purchasing, inventory receiving, fulfillment activities, and warehousing.
The ideal candidate for this position is a strong communicator, with a high-energy, proactive work style. We’re looking for someone who works effectively under pressure and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. While experience in a food & beverage manufacturing environment is not required, it is preferred.
This position is based at our production facility in North Bergen, NJ, and may require occasional travel to our corporate office in Union Square, NYC.
• Maintains established stock levels for 300+ distinct item inventory; directs warehouse organization and proper storage of all inventory items
• Utilizes ERP system to maintain accurate, real-time record of inventory movement inbound, tracking inventory from purchase through to receipt and storage
• Negotiates purchasing contracts and agreements with existing and potential vendors, and ensures vendor compliance; implements budgeting, costing, and cost-saving strategies
• Determines procurement needs, based on usage rate, cycle count, reorder threshold, and other relevant variables; places purchase orders for existing and new inventory items; verifies accuracy and quality of orders received, and resolves all order discrepancies and/or issues
• Completes vendor sourcing on a regular, ongoing basis; always operates with the goal of securing more reliable, more cost-effective vendors
• Ensures proper storage and organization protocols are consistently observed; proactively identifies existing and/or potential inventory and storage vulnerabilities and implements corrective action
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced production environment, with a high-energy, proactive style; brings well developed sense of urgency to all work
• Sound judgement and decision-making ability
• Demonstrated proficiency in the negotiation of contracts
• Exceptional organization and planning skills are a must!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• 3+ years purchasing/inventory management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
BENEFITS & PERKS
• Life, health, dental, and vision insurance
• Commuter benefits
• Flexible paid time off policy
• And of course, a discount on our bite-size cupcakes!