Store Manager - NYC
Do you have a strong desire to lead a team? Do you enjoy building positive relationships in an enthusiastic, professional, and honest work environment? If you answered “YES!” to both questions, you might be Baked by Melissa’s next store manager!
The Store Manager will be responsible for the operation of one of our stores in New York City! The individual will be a true team player, will lead their team in going above and beyond to make sure every customer has a positive and memorable experience with Baked by Melissa.
The ideal candidate for this position is an authentic and honest communicator, who thrives in a face-paced work environment. We’re looking for someone who is seeking a learning experience and the opportunity to grow with our company. A management background in hospitality is not required to be successful in this role; all of our store managers go through an extensive training program to equip them with the skills and knowledge they’ll need to be successful in their new role!
• Manages the daily operation of the store, focusing on store sales performance, employee leadership and development, customer service, and product quality; maintains a highly ethical, team-driven, and customer-focused work environment
• Tracks and monitors store performance metrics, including sell-through rate, labor cost, employee turnover rate, productivity, average order, and sales comp; identifies and addresses trends and/or issues in store performance in order to maximize store profit; delivers on or above target goals established by the District Store Manager
• Trains all store employees in Baked by Melissa policies, protocols, and product knowledge; implements product-specific training programs at the direction of the Employee Development Manager
• Creates and maintains employee schedule; manages employee shift trades and time off requests; ensures staffing level facilitates maximum productivity with minimal excess labor cost
• Ensures OSHA, EEOC, Health Department, and DOL compliance
• Holiday availability required
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to communicate with team members in a straight-forward and positive manner; to outline goals and facilitate performance improvement and employee development
• A Bachelor's Degree is preferred
BENEFITS & PERKS
• Life, health, dental, and vision insurance
• Commuter benefits
• Flexible paid time off policy
• And of course, a discount on our bite-size cupcakes!