Do you have a strong desire to lead a team? Do you enjoy building positive relationships in an enthusiastic, professional, and customer-focused work environment? If you answered “YES!” to both questions, you might be Baked by Melissa’s next General Manager!
As General Manager, you will be responsible for the operation of one or more of our stores. You’ll be a true team player, leading your team in going above and beyond to make sure all customers have a positive and memorable experience with Baked by Melissa.
The ideal candidate for this position is an authentic and honest communicator, who thrives in a fast-paced work environment. We’re looking for someone who is seeking a learning experience and the opportunity to grow with our company. A management background in hospitality is not required to be successful in this role.ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Manages the daily operation of the store, focusing on store sales performance, employee leadership and development, customer service, and product quality; maintains a highly ethical, team-driven, and customer-focused work environment
- Tracks and monitors store performance metrics, including sell-through rate, labor cost, employee turnover rate, productivity, average order, and sales comp
- Identifies and addresses trends and/or issues in store performance in order to maximize store profit; delivers on or above target goals established by the District Manager
- Trains all store employees in Baked by Melissa policies, protocols, and product knowledge; implements new and reoccurring training programs
- Creates and maintains employee schedule; manages employee shift trades and time off requests; ensures staffing level facilitates maximum productivity with minimal excess labor cost
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills; friendly, upbeat attitude, and professional demeanor
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented; able to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a high-energy, proactive style; brings a well developed sense of urgency to all work
- Holiday and weekend availability is required
BENEFITS & PERKS
- 2+ years management experience in a retail and/or hospitality environment is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Life, health, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off policy
- And of course, a discount on our bite-size cupcakes!