New York or New Jersey
Do you have a strong desire to lead a team? Do you enjoy building positive relationships in an enthusiastic, professional, and customer-focused work environment? If you answered “YES!” to both questions, you might be Baked by Melissa’s next Store Manager!
As Store Manager, you will be responsible for the operation of one or more of our stores. You’ll be a true team player, leading your team in going above and beyond to make sure all customers have a positive and memorable experience with Baked by Melissa.
What You'll Do
- Manages the daily operation of the store, focusing on store sales performance, employee leadership and development, customer service, and product quality; maintains a highly ethical, team-driven, and customer-focused work environment
- Tracks and monitors store performance metrics, including sell-through rate, labor cost, employee turnover rate, productivity, average order, and sales comp
- Identifies and addresses trends and/or issues in store performance in order to maximize store profit; delivers on or above target goals established by the District Manager
- Trains all store employees in Baked by Melissa policies, protocols, and product knowledge; implements new and recurring training programs
- Creates and maintains employee schedule; manages employee shift trades and time off requests; ensures staffing level facilitates maximum productivity with minimal excess labor cost
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years management experience in a retail and/or hospitality environment is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills; friendly, upbeat attitude, and professional demeanor
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented; able to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a high-energy, proactive style; brings a well developed sense of urgency to all work
- Flexibility to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays throughout the year, as the stores' needs require
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Comprehensive benefit package, including health, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off policy
- And of course, a discount on our bite-size cupcakes!